We are pleased to announce that we now have available these five new products from Designs for Health. They are targeted at supporting the digestive and the immune systems. We are just starting to use them with clients and are already seeing great results.
ImmunoSpore™ is a new immune support product that is an all-in-one preventive solution to those fearing infection from the most common current maladies we face today! It is a synergistic combination of spore-based probiotics and antioxidants to support natural immune system health and overall wellbeing. (It features 3 billion CFU spore-based probiotics (three industry-leading Bacillus strains), along with a highly concentrated chloroplast extract from organic spinach, vitamin C, zinc and the soluble fiber beta-glucan).
One capsule of ImmunoSpore™ contains:
- 3 billion CFUs of spore-based probiotics, which:
- modulate the release of cytokines
- produce the short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) metabolites butyrate and propionate (More on this later)
- guard against pathogens (Studies done on upper respiratory infections showed protection from the specific strains herein!)
- increase fecal and salivary secretory IgA concentrations
- modulate small intestine genes that are involved in inflammation, immune response, defense response, and intestinal permeability
- Beta-glucans(from S. Cerevisiae), which:
- act on immune receptors that stimulate immune cell activity
- provide protective effects against upper respiratory tract infections and reduced symptom duration
- Solarplast, a chloroplast extract from organic spinach, which:
- neutralizes free radicals
- sparks the production of cellular energy within mitochondria
- restores function to enzymatic proteins needed for proper digestion
- Vitamin Cfor immune-supportive benefits
- Zinc Citratefor its antiviral properties and ability to stimulate the production of white blood cells, as well as support the actions of neutrophils, T-lymphocytes, and natural killer cells
Tri-Butyrin Supreme™ is the newest and best butyrate product on the market, which is a “postbiotic” having an immense retroactive regulatory effect on the entire immune system and GI Tract. Tri-Butyrin Supreme increases the production of antimicrobial compounds in intestinal macrophages in vivo and downregulates the inflammatory response. It drives differentiation of monocytes to macrophages. Butyrate is believed to play a role in decreasing risk for colon cancer via various mechanisms, such as inhibition of initial carcinogenesis, reducing oxidative stress, and anti-inflammatory effects in the gut. In this way Butyrate helps heal the gut lining.
- Nourish your colonocytes.
- Spark your own body’s production of SCFAs especially butyrate.
- Retroactively modulates your entire digestive tractresulting in tighter junctions in GI lining, increased dendritic cell activity (immune sensors in the gut), and improved immune response through the body!
SPM Supreme™ is a combination of three highly potent specialized pro-resolving mediators, delivered at 150mcg per softgel, which is, by far, the highest concentration available anywhere! In fact, there are only a handful of companies that sell SPMs and DFH sells it and half the cost of others.
Here’s what you can expect from SPM Supreme:
- Healthy pain response– SPMs may help dampen the pain response caused by inflammation. (SPM production and concentrations are much lower in circulation and affected tissues among those with chronic inflammatory conditions).
- Tissue repair– SPMs also aid in tissue remodeling and wound healing.
- Inflammation resolution– Resolving inflammation is the key to restoring homeostasis in the healing process.
CarminaGest™ is a powerful digestive support formula containing herbal bitters designed to optimize healthy digestion and help reduce occasional gastrointestinal discomfort after meals, such as gas, bloating, and excessive fullness. This product is ideal for individuals who are sensitive to supplementation with hydrochloric acid (HCl, stomach acid) and for vegetarians and vegans who may benefit from digestive support but who prefer to avoid animal-sourced digestive enzymes. (Many digestive support products contain enzymes and bile of animal origin. CarminaGest™ is completely free of these ingredients and contains solely plant-based compounds.)
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antioxidant, analgesic, antitussive, anti-emetic and anti neuroinflammatory. It was shown in rats that ginger substantially increases the activity of pancreatic amylase, trypsin and chymotrypsin. Ginger also accelerates food transit time through the GI tract but with no apparent reduction or compromise in nutrient absorption. It also inhibits H.Pylori growth. Ginger extract was shown to enhance glucose uptake by increasing cell surface GLUT4 expression and activating AMPK in cultured mouse muscle cells.
- Fennel: Much of the above already discussed AND A rodent model showed acute oral administration of fennel extract to protect against ethanol-induced gastric lesions by augmenting antioxidant activity, demonstrated by increases in whole-blood increases in glutathione, ascorbic acid, retinol and β-carotene, and a decrease in malondialdehyde, a marker of oxidative stress.
- Dandelion Root: Again, much of the above in concert with those herbs BUT what’s super interesting and clinically important here is: protected against gastritis and gastric ulcers. These effects were more likely due to a dose-dependent reduction in mast cell infiltration and TNF-α expression in the inner layer of the stomach. Increased expression of superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase were also seen.
- Lemon Balm: Works in concert with the above herbs to reduce nausea, indigestion, flatulence but is ALSO an antiviral, known to be calming, antispasmodic and relaxing. Lemon balm is anxiolytic and plays a role in facilitating calmness via promotion of GABA inhibitory action.
ProbioSpore™ is an industry-leading broad-spectrum therapeutic spore-based probiotic used to optimize gastrointestinal (GI) health. Spore-based strains such as Bacillus are vital to the food chain as they have the intrinsic ability to produce a multitude of enzymes, secretory proteins, antimicrobial compounds, vitamins, and carotenoids.
Spore-forming probiotics are soil-based microorganisms found in dirt and vegetation that possess the ability to surround themselves with durable coats of protein, allowing them to survive in hostile environmental conditions. Unlike most traditional probiotics which are similar to those naturally found in the human GI tract (e.g., lactobacilli, bifidobacteria), spore-based probiotics are delivered as dormant spores. The endospores encapsulate the beneficial bacteria strains making them extremely stable and highly resistant to stomach acid’s low pH, resulting in delivery of more usable probiotics to the small intestine where they then revert to active, growing bacteria.
Spore-based probiotics are naturally-occurring, friendly bacteria that may support health in several key ways, including: assisting with digestion and nutrient assimilation, stimulating normal microflora balance in the intestines, supporting healthy immune function, and maintaining bowel health and promoting bowel regularity.