The Bell Off! Club is an online community sponsored by Men’s Health magazine. They have been sharing information and supporting each other in losing weight since 2002. In the January/February 2009 edition six common successful strategies were shared. For more information visit the web site at www.MensHealth.com/bellyoff.
1. 96% cut out refined grains and sugars. This gets rid of lots of junk calories from processed and refined foods. Want to lose even more weight? Cut back on whole grains as well.
2. 93% eat more protein, healthy fats, and fiber-rich produce and whole grains. This is important as protein helps to build muscle (supporting numbers 4 and 5 below). Fat tastes good and helps keep you satisfied and along with the right kinds of fiber slows down the absorption of carbohydrates into the blood stream providing you with more even energy throughout the day. Fruits and vegetables also provide antioxidants to neutralize cell destroying free radicals.
3. 75% eat breakfast every day. I’ve talked about this at http://brwellness.blogspot.com/2008/11/start-your-day-with-healthy-breakfast.html.
4. 90% do weight training at least three days a week. This is a great way to burn calories and boost metabolism.
5. 80% do cardio workouts. Most of these are using interval and burst training techniques.
6. 100% are highly motivated. Wanting to get it done makes it happen!
Bernard Rosen, PhD is a Nutrition Consultant and Educator. He works with individuals, groups, and at corporations to create individualized nutrition and wellness programs. He is an expert in the field of Nutrition and Erectile Dysfunction. His office is in Thiensville, WI. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (262) 389-9907 or go to www.brwellness.com.